Our hugely popular cycling tour hops from island to island using local ferries.
Included in the package is accommodation in a combination of locally-thatched cabins, converted barns, the Old Town of Naantali, and the city of Turku, plus bicycle hire with panniers and helmets, detailed route notes including .GPX files, cycling maps, luggage transportation, and 24 hour emergency service.
• The Turku archipelago are one of Finland's most stunning natural phenomena – 20 000 islands stretching out into the sea from the city of Turku in the country's south-west.
• Cycling a circular route around the main islands is made easy, and exciting, by a system of local ferry services, constantly going back and forth acting like bridges.
• Picturesque harbour villages & the true peace of the nature.
• The cycling route starts and ends in Turku – the formal capital of Finland, and a bustling, attractive market town, and also the European Capital of Culture in 2011. With easy train connections to Helsinki, the tour can easily be combined with the Finnish capital.
- What's included: Helmet, Repair kit + Pump, Accommodation with breakfast for whole trip, 1 x 3 course dinner, 24 hour emergency phone service, Luggage transport between hotels (1 pc per person), All transfer fees on the trip